Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day

Hmmm, I love days off, but it is so sad to be sick.  I woke up yesterday not feeling the best, and last night didn't sleep well at all, so woke up this morning feeling worse.  Sore throat, stuffy nose, itchy ears. On top of that I was experiencing some stabbing pains in the lower left side of my abdomen, so I placed a phone call to my doctor's office.  Went in at 8:50 (I was planning on staying in bed until at least 10:00!).  Baby heart rate is good, protein in urine was negative, blood pressure was good.  Nose/throat/ears don't look infected, so it's just a cold.  Dr. K is thinking my pain is round ligament pain, which is one of those "side effects" of pregnancy.  But because I had abdominal pain, we scheduled an ultrasound.  

Kleine Bohn is measuring about 5 pounds, so maybe I should start calling her Grosse Bohn!  She had her hands in front of her face most of the time, so we were only able to get a muddy 3D shot.  It's still fascinating to see her heart beating.  I must have eaten something yummy, her tongue was going crazy "licking" at the amniotic fluid.  Rob is a super husband, he drove up for the ultrasound even though his day is busy.  Thanks, Rob!!!

If I can figure out how to get our scanner to actually scan the U/S picture, I'll get it posted.  Now it's time to eat, and then I head in to the hospital for our pre-admission appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment