Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Still waiting...

I hit fifteen weeks on Monday, and I'm still waiting for the energy to come back. Put in a 12 hour school day yesterday, am EXHAUSTED and didn't make it to choir. Therefore, I have time for an update!

I was hoping to upload an mp3 of KB's heartbeat, but I don't know if I can actually do that. We recorded the doppler u/s last week using my handy smartphone. KB had a heartrate of 160 bpm! My doctor says, "maybe a girl. But don't paint the nursery yet!"

Paint the nursery....I'm starting to feel slightly overwhelmed at the lack of planning I have done. Everything seems to be "on hold" until we find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I'm REALLY hoping we can get some new flooring in before baby arrives.

Last week I took some students to the Kauffman Center for the KC Symphony Young People's concert. We had such a nice time, and my group were VERY good audience members! Some of their comments from the day:

"That was an awesome concert and the music was awesome!"



"I didn't know we'd get to see and hear other instruments. That was cool!"



"It was so good I sat still the whole time." (a small miracle in and of itself, considering he was far away from me.)




"I can't believe not everyone dressed up. I think we looked gooood." (and it's true, a teacher told me my kids looked beautiful as she was leading kids from the earlier showing!)



"That was just beautiful music."



"I can't believe we got to see professional music players!"



Obviously I uploaded pictures. I'm proud of my kids. What a fun bunch of 4th and 5th graders!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment